- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Patriots HC Bill Belichick refused to allow offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to move up his scheduled interviews with teams interested in him as a head coaching candidate to the start of this week.
- The Panthers and Giants both had interest in McDaniels, but both teams filled their head-coaching jobs on Monday without meeting with McDaniels.
- La Canfora says that Belichick and owner Robert Kraft have long been worried about losing McDaniels. Multiple sources tell La Canfora that Belichick would not agree to move up the window of time to interview McDaniels, despite the fact that the Patriots had been eliminated from the playoffs.
- Belichick did, however, advocate for Joe Judge to become the Giants’ head coach.
- McDaniels was the final candidate to interview with the Browns on Friday.
- Sources tell La Canfora that the Panthers were “extremely high” on McDaniels and were hoping to interview him before Matt Rhule.
- Scott Bair of NBC Bay Area takes a look at some of the tough choices the Raiders will face this offseason regarding their own roster.
- Bair thinks the Raiders should consider bringing back CB Daryl Worley, S Karl Joseph, LB Vontaze Burfict, RB Jalen Richard, LB Will Compton, and DL Dion Jordan.
- Bair can see the Raiders possibly moving on from QB Mike Glennon, LB Kyle Wilber, CB Nevin Lawson, RB DeAndre Washington, DE Benson Mayowa, and KR/PR Dwayne Harris.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Titans want to keep Ryan Tannehill in place as their starting quarterback with the goal being to negotiate a long-term extension.
- However, Rapoport adds that the Titans are willing to use the franchise as a placeholder on Tannehill while trying to finalize a new deal if need be.
- We have Tannehill featured in our Top 100 – 2020 Free Agents list.