- Jason La Canfora continues to hear that the Jaguars are “somewhat split” on what to pay Nick Foles.
- Jaguars executive VP Tom Coughlin remains very intrigued by some quarterbacks in the draft, according to La Canfora, and there are questions about the market for Foles outside of Jacksonville.
- There’s also the possibility that they could get Case Keenum on the cheap if/when the Broncos release him.
- With this in mind, La Canfora says Foles-to-the-Jaguars may not be the slam dunk many think.
- Michael Giardi reports that “the belief” regarding Patriots and DE Trey Flowers is they would like to see what his market value is before determining if they can match a potential offer.
- Giardi mentions that the Patriots used this philosophy with re-signing LB Dont’a Hightower and S Devin McCourty.
- According to Ian Rapoport, “several teams” around the league believe Flowers will end up earning a long-term deal with $17 million annually.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that Patriots WR Julian Edelman is very much in line for a contract extension.
- La Canfora wonders if the Patriots could be a fit for Titans OLB Derek Morgan.
- Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans are “making a push” to re-sign S Tyrann Mathieu and offered him a “preliminary contract offer.”
- Wilson writes that it is his sense that Mathieu wants to stay in Houston.
- Wilson also mentions that the Texans will have “plenty of other options” if they are unable to re-sign Mathieu given the “talented” free agent market at safety.