- Mike Chappell notes that the Colts are paying practice squad QB Chad Kelly $33,529 per week, which is far higher than the minimum of $8,000 per week. Kelly is making the equivalent to a 570,000 base while on the taxi squad.
- Colts HC Frank Reich said that LB Darius Leonard is starting to make progress through the league’s concussion protocol, even though he has been ruled out for Sunday. (Joel A. Erickson)
- According to Glazer, the Jaguars were trying to trade him until owner Shad Khan got involved. Glazer says that he doesn’t think Khan wants anyone to dictate terms to him and the team is now trying to smooth it over because Ramsey is one of the few top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Glazer adds that there are around eight teams involved with Ramsey including the Eagles, Ravens and Chiefs.
Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette says their rushing attack has been “very frustrating” this season.
“There ain’t no doubt about that,” Fournette said, via ESPN.com. “It’s very frustrating. I want to … help the team as much as you can. I’m a running back first. I don’t mind pass blocking and those things but I’m a running back first, so it’s very frustrating at times.”
“It’s not really adding up right now because you’ve got to have that [cohesiveness], especially with the running game,” Fournette added. “Nobody practiced, nobody played in none of the preseason games. I think that kind of messed up a lot of communication. Also, you’ve got to have timing too with the run game. I think we’re slowly getting back there.
“… It’s going to come together. I don’t know when. I can’t give you the exact time, but it’s going to come together. Everything’s coming full circle.”
- The Jacksonville Jaguars officially ruled out LB D.J. Alexander (hamstring) and TE Josh Oliver (hamstring) for Week 4 and list CB Jalen Ramsey (not injury related, back) as questionable.