Colts GM Chris Ballard says CB Quincy Wilson‘s versatility will help him in a suddenly crowded cornerback room in Indianapolis.
“The thing that is so strong about Quincy and I didn’t even understand this coming out, he’s really football smart,” Ballard said via 1070 The Fan’s Kevin Bowen. “Right now, he’s playing 5 different spots back there. He will go corner, dime, nickel, little bit of safety. He can play a lot of roles for us. He’s going to compete to play corner, but on game day, he becomes very valuable, because he can play man-to-man on tight ends. That’s why having all these longer corners help you from a matchup standpoint.”
- The Colts held QB Andrew Luck out of OTA’s again with a calf injury. (Zak Keefer)
- Colts HC Frank Reich said if this was the regular season Luck could probably play, but at this point, they wanted to be cautious and “get it right.” (George Brenner)
- Colts QB Chad Kelly said he’s grateful for the opportunity with the Colts and wants to prove he can be trustworthy and a leader. (Brenner)
- Kelly said he’d been living in his parents’ basement in Buffalo since his arrest in October. He added the Colts have an infrastructure in place to help him be a better person: “I truly see it’s a genuine thing and I appreciate everything Mr. Ballard has done for giving me this chance and has talked me throughout this process.” (Bowen)
- Colts S Clayton Geathers has missed OTA’s so far due to a procedure done to clean up his knee. (Joel Erickson)
“It’s a new situation,” Conley said via John Oehser of the team’s website. “I’ve got a new coach, new guys I’m in the huddle with, new/old quarterback, new environment, heat — all of that. I’m really just trying to adjust, find my place and make my mark.”