Colts C Ryan Kelly admitted that he isn’t sure when he’ll be able to return from his sprained MCL, but the good news is that he’ll be back at some point this season.
“I’m not sure,” Kelly said of his return, via the Indy Star. “That first week is probably a big indication of how long it’s going to take. Definitely not playing this week, but hopefully next week, or whenever it is.”
“I feel good,” Kelly added. “I feel a lot better than I did Sunday and Monday, so just keep going day-by-day and see how it feels. I think it’s in a good spot where a brace can help.”
- The Jacksonville Jaguars officially ruled out WR D.J. Chark (quad), LB Lerentee McCray (hamstring), CB Quenton Meeks (knee), and LT Josh Walker (foot/ankle) for Sunday’s game against the Bills.
- The Jaguars also list NT Marcel Dareus (back), DT Eli Ankou (calf) and G A.J. Cann (hamstring) as questionable.
Texans S Andre Hal has been through a cancer battle after being diagnosed with lymphoma and lost his father last month.
Hal says it’s been “a surreal time,” but he’s still “super thankful.”
“I’m super thankful,” Hal said, via the Houston Chronicle. “It’s a blessing just to be here and be playing football again. That’s what I love to do, and I’m happy to be back. It’s been a long journey. I learned a lot about myself, a lot about life in general.”
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of CB Aaron Colvin‘s chances of returning this week from an ankle injury: “I think he’s got a chance, We’ll have to see how these next couple of days ago.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding DE J.J. Watt being listed as limited with a knee injury, O’Brien said they’re just managing his reps as part of a plan for him throughout the season. (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien said they’re looking forward to activating LB Dylan Cole from injured reserve next week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Titas HC Mike Vrabel said Friday that QB Marcus Mariota was a full participant in practice and is on pace to be their starter for Monday’s game against the Texans. (Erik Bacharach)
- Vrabel mentioned that DC Dean Pees was tired so they sent him home to get some rest, even though he didn’t want to leave. (Turron Davenport)
- Titans OC Matt LaFleur said that RB Derrick Henry has earned more carries. (Erik Bacharach)