Colts K Adam Vinatieri‘s future in Indianapolis has been in question throughout the season, but he says he hasn’t thought about it.
“That’s way above my pay grade,” Vinatieri said, via the Indianapolis Star. “I don’t think about that stuff. My only thing is to come in and check out the film, see what we can do better and move on. Obviously we’re all our own biggest critics. Anytime it’s not perfect, you want to make it perfect. But I don’t worry about the decisions that are being made that I can’t control one way or the other.”
- Colts HC Frank Reich announced Friday that: “Jacoby Brissett will be our starter.” (Stephen Holder)
- According to Reich, WR Devin Funchess will not play in Week 11, as his bone still needs more time to heal. The plan is for Funchess to have more scans before he’s cleared for game action. (Kevin Bowen)
- The Indianapolis Colts officially ruled out WR Parris Campbell (hand) and WR T.Y. Hilton (calf) for Week 11 and list CB Pierre Desir (hamstring) as doubtful and TE Mo Alie-Cox (hip) and RB Jordan Wilkins (ankle) as questionable.
Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette says he’s in a good place as he prepares for the final two months of the regular season.
“I’m good,” Fournette said, via ESPN.com. “I guess it’s the training I put in. No. 1 God, No. 2 the training I put in in the offseason. Just trying to keep my weight down right now, staying slim, staying fit, staying fast, and ready for these next seven games.”
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of new CB Vernon Hargreaves: “He took a physical. He wasn’t able to be in the meetings, very comprehensive physical. First impressions are good. He’s a good guy.” (Aaron Wilson)
- According to O’Brien, Hargreaves could possibly play on Sunday and added: “Roster-building never takes a rest. We think there’s a potential for a good fit here.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Wilson mentions that CB Bradley Roby and WR Will Fuller are regarded as game-time decisions and could possibly be held out until the Texans’ Thursday night game against the Colts.
- The Houston Texans officially list WR Will Fuller (hamstring), S Tashaun Gipson (back, wrist), CB Bradley Roby (hamstring), and T Laremy Tunsil (shoulder) as questionable for Week 11.
- According to Matt Miller of B/R, one rumor going around in league circles is that QB Philip Rivers, who will be a free agent after this season, would love to play for the Titans.