Colts HC Frank Reich said he is not considering removing QB Jacoby Brissett from the starting role.
“No,’’ Reich said, via Mike Chappell of Fox59. “Jacoby’s our quarterback and we’re fighting to get better. We’ve got two games (remaining). That’s really an opportunity for him to work to get better.’’
- Spotrac’s Michael Ginnitti points out the Colts can clear $9 million of cap space with a $12.5 million dead cap hit if they choose to move on from Brissett in 2020.
- The Colts have not even considered moving QB Chad Kelly up from third-string ahead of second-string QB Brian Hoyer in the final two games. (Zak Keefer)
- The Colts worked out three players on Tuesday, including OT Travis Vornkahl and DTs Jalen Dalton and Roderick Young. (Howard Balzer)
- Of this group, Indianapolis signed Vornkahl and Young to their practice squad.
- The Colts brought in CB Ken Crawley for a visit on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Per Mark Long of the Associated Press, Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette confirmed that he won his grievance against the team for a $99,000 fine for sitting on the bench away from his teammates during the 2018 season finale.
- The Jaguars worked out three players on Tuesday, including CB Derrick Jones, LB Joe Dineen and CB Jayson Stanley. (Howard Balzer)
- Jaguars signed LB Joe Dineen to their practice squad.
- Per his agent, new Titans K Greg Joseph signed a three-year deal with Tennessee.
- Titans placed K Ryan Succop on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Titans promoted LB Nigel Harris to their active roster.
- Titans signed WR Trevion Thompson to their practice squad.
- Titans signed K Greg Joseph off of the Panthers’ practice squad. (NFLTR)