- Stephen Holder reports that Colts DE Chris McCain was arraigned this week in Los Angeles on two misdemeanor battery charges regarding the battery charges he’s facing.
- According to Holder, McCain pleaded not guilty and was ordered by the court to stay a minimum of 100 yards away from alleged victim.
- The next hearing for McCain’s case is scheduled for Aug. 21.
- As for second-round LB Darius Leonard, Holder reports that he’s likely to sign his contract before rookies report for the start of training camp on Sunday.
- Jim Wyatt of Titans.com writes that RT Jack Conklin, who is coming off a torn ACL last year, has lost 10 pounds for the Titans’ new offensive scheme and is “stronger than ever.”
- Regarding Titans LT Taylor Lewan‘s contract situation, GM Jon Robinson said he intends to finalize a long-term deal for the left tackle: “[Lewan] is currently under contract and we are working to keep Taylor as part of this organization for a long time.”
- Wyatt mentions that an extension for Lewan “remains to be seen” and the Titans will prepare without him if his holdout stretches into training camp.
- Wyatt names the left guard position as the “battle to watch” during training camp after the team signed Kevin Pamphile and Xavier Su’a-Filo to compete.
- Wyatt believes Pamphile is a player to keep an eye on since he can is capable of playing every position on the offensive line, is a “contender” to start at left guard, and could play left tackle if they are unable to finalize a deal with Lewan.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!