Jaguars LB Myles Jack is ready to step into a bigger role on the defense in 2019. Jack’s goal for the season is 150 tackles.
“I want to break records,” Jack said, per Phillip Heilman. “I want to be phenomenal. I just feel reinvigorated this season. I feel like it’s possible. I’ve put the work in this offseason and I feel like it’ll pay off.”
- Texans CEO Cal McNair said during a recent interview that operating without a general manager this year will be an improvement for the team: “It’s a flatter operation. The organization is totally energized. It’s a lot of improvements.” (Aaron Wilson)
- McNair says executing trades without a GM won’t be an issue: “(Other teams) will know who to call. We’ll execute the plan.” (Wilson)
- Part of McNair’s confidence stems from having Jack Easterby playing a major front-office role: “We’re really lucky to have Jack with us. His role is to do whatever it takes to make organization grow and operate at absolute peak performance.” (Wilson)
- Former WR and returner Josh Cribbs is interning with the Texans as a coaching intern. (Wilson)
- Jim Wyatt of the official team website says the Titans could look to address depth at defensive line during the preseason or final cutdowns, particularly with DT Jurrell Casey starting on the PUP list.
- Wyatt mentions the Titans have a fierce competition at inside linebacker, with 2018 first-round LB Rashaan Evans looking to force his way onto the field past either Wesley Woodyard or Jayon Brown.