- Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey said on the Uninterrupted podcast that he was really sick on Monday and threw up four times and required IVs. (Mark Long)
- Ramsey said of playing in last week’s game against the Titans: “If this was the last one, it’s been an honor to play alongside those guys.” (Mark Long)
- Regarding whether this is it for him in Jacksonville, Ramsey said: “I’m not sure if I’ve played my final game for the Jags yet or not but my trade request still stands. For me respect is a huge thing. … Once respect is lost for both parties I think it is time to part ways.” (Mark Long)
- Ramsey did say that money isn’t a priority for him right now: “I’m going to continue being a top corner in this league for years to come. The money will come, but money isn’t everything. Peace and happiness means a lot more than the money.” (Mark Long)
Former Colts QB Andrew Luck is by all accounts enjoying his retirement. He’s had the chance to travel as well as finish building his Indianapolis home. He also still talks regularly with several players on the team and watches every game.
“I probably see him more outside the building now than I did when he was playing,” Colts OT Anthony Castonzo said via the Athletic’s Stephen Holder. “When he was playing it was like football, football all the time. When he’d be at home, it was all football. But we’ve actually hung out a couple times in the last couple weeks. He can, like, actually have a life now.”
- Colts QB Chad Kelly is making $33,529 per week on the practice squad, which is equivalent to a $570,000 base salary. (Mike Chappell)
Jaguars WRs coach Keenan McCardell praised the team’s receiving corps and mentioned that their offense intends on spreading the ball around to multiple players.
“Guys are making their plays when it’s time. When their numbers are called, they make their plays,” said McCardell, via Phillip Heilman of The Athletic. “That’s the thing I stress in my room. Everybody is going to get an opportunity, and the way you continue to get more opportunities is you make your plays. Guys are saying, “All right, we’re going to take this to heed and when the ball comes to me, it’s my time to make my play.”
McCardell also said Jaguars WR DJ Chark has done a “great job” but must continue to produce.
“I think he’s doing a great job. He’s taking it one game at a time like we talk about. Put these three games behind us. It’s on to the next game. What you did in the past doesn’t count anymore. It’s the next game, it’s the Denver game. We’ve got to keep logging them in like that. Next, next, next. I can only do my best in just one game. I can’t think about the one behind me. I can’t think about the one in front in the future. Just the one right now. He’s taken that mindset and it’s been good.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that the Jaguars coaches really believe they’ve found something with the play of sixth-round rookie QB Gardner Minshew.
- Breer writes it’s not out of the question that Jacksonville decides to ride the hot hand with Minshew if he continues to play well even when presumed starting QB Nick Foles returns.