- Per Stephen Holder, Colts GM Chris Ballard says there’s “a cluster of about eight players” they’ve identified as candidates for the No. 26 pick.
- Ballard joked about trading down out of the first round as he finished his pre-draft press conference: “We’ll be together again Thursday. Or maybe not. Maybe we’ll wait till Friday.” (George Bremer)
- Ballard told reporters they were going on a “year-by-year basis” with OT Anthony Castonzo, adding that they liked what he brought to the team last year. (Kevin Bowen)
According to Todd McShay, the word going around about the Jaguars is that they want to address the offensive line later in the draft.
- According to Phillip Heilman, Jaguars executive Tom Coughlin seemed to suggest the team would add a piece on offense to help QB Nick Foles rather than take a successor.
- Coughlin said the team has looked at trading back with a team that wants to jump into the top ten for a quarterback: “Those are the scenarios that we work on; we’ve discussed those; I’m sure we will again before Thursday; we’re trying to anticipate all situations….” (John Oehser)
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell mentioned the Jaguars have had a couple of discussions with teams about trades. (Daniel Popper)
- Caldwell said the Jaguars can afford not to address running back in the draft this year. (Popper)
- Caldwell added the extra third-round compensatory pick would offer “a lot of flexibility” if the Jaguars want to trade back into the first or second round. (Heilman)