- Spotrac believes that if QB Blake Bortles can’t find another starting job, restructuring his contract to remain in Jacksonville as a backup to QB Nick Foles makes sense.
- This comes after an earlier report that the Jaguars expect to sign Foles to a contract in free agency. (NFLTR)
- The Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson says talks remain the same between the Texans and LB Jadeveon Clowney, who is expected to receive the franchise tag so talks can continue.
- Maryland S Darnell Savage and Virginia S Juan Thornhill met informally with the Texans. (Wilson)
- The Texans have a formal meeting with Vanderbilt CB JoeJuan Williams at the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
- Clemson CB Trayvon Mullen has a formal meeting with the Texans and added: “I would love to play for the Texans.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Georgia CB DeAndre Baker has formal combine meeting with the Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- LSU CB Greedy Williams said he’s met with 12 teams including the Texans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Washington CB Byron Murphy is meeting with the Dolphins at the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
Florida DE Jachai Polite said he met with 19 teams formally at the NFL Combine, most of which questioned his run defense in college.
“Like, ‘Why?’” Polite said via the Tennessean’s Eric Bacharach. “Why didn’t I do this on this play? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?”
Polite said the Titans were one of the few teams that didn’t harp on his flaws, instead focusing on getting to know him.
“They weren’t really asking, ‘Why? Why? Why?’” Polite said. “They were just trying to see who I was because they really didn’t do background checks on me, they said. So I was like, ‘OK, cool.’ They’re getting to actually just know who I am. Not ask ‘why’ questions and stuff. That’s how I thought it was going to be in all the meetings.”