Regarding LT Garett Bolles‘ penalty issues this year, Broncos HC Vic Fangio made it clear he will remain their starting left tackle moving forward.
“We have the best offensive line coach in the business here,” Fangio said, per Nicki Jhabvala. “Garett is going to learn from this. He’s our left tackle and is going to be our left tackle.”
- Fangio told reporters that Broncos LB Todd Davis and CB Bryce Callahan should return this week. (Mike Klis)
- Fangio said the team signed OT Jake Rodgers from the practice squad because they wanted to avoid having to shift second-round G Dalton Risner to tackle. (Jhabvala)
- Chargers WR Mike Williams said he feels like his knee issue will continue to improve and it won’t be something he’ll have to manage throughout the year. (Eric Williams)
- Chargers placed S Adrian Phillips on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Chiefs RB LeSean McCoy will have an MRI on the ankle he injured late in Sunday’s game against the Raiders.
- Rapoport adds the injury doesn’t appear to be major but the MRI will confirm whether or not that’s true.
- Chiefs claimed OL Greg Senat off waivers from the Ravens. (NFLTR)
- Chiefs waived DL Joey Ivie.
- According to NBC Sports’ Scott Bair, Raiders G Richie Incognito rejoined the team following his two-game suspension.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said WR Tyrell Williams had a hip pointer and RB Josh Jacobs was dealing with a groin injury. (Bair)
- Gruden mentioned one of their goals going forward will be getting more production out of DE Arden Key: “Arden, if you’re listening, we gotta get more out of you. We gotta get you going.’ … He’s gonna take off here soon, I hope.” (Vic Tafur)
- The Raiders tried out CB Marcus Cooper, CB Coty Sensabaugh and P Drew Kaser. (Howard Balzer)