Broncos HC Vic Fangio said he likes second-year OT Garett Bolles‘ mindset right now believes he’s still in the “growing stages” given that he only played one year in college.
“Just to become a solid NFL left tackle. Now that’s a simple statement, but that encompasses a lot of things. I like where he’s at, I like his mindset,” said Fangio, via Nicki Jhabvala. “He’s not going to be perfect. The thing you have to remember about him is he’s had such a limited football background prior to coming to the NFL that he’s still in the growing stages more so than other guys.”
- Fangio told reporters that WR River Cracraft (oblique) is expected to miss “at least” a week. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos second-year TE Troy Fumagalli is dealing with a hip issue.
- Terez A Paylor of Yahoo Sports writes that it would benefit the Chiefs and WR Tyreek Hill to get a new contract in place at some point in the near future.
- Hill and DL Chris Jones are entering the final year of their respective deals and locking up one of them would leave the franchise tag available for the Chiefs next year to keep the other.
- Any new contract for Hill is expected to include some very specific language to protect the team against further off-the-field issues.
- Paylor mentions that there are still some things that need to be sorted out from Hill’s side such as his personal life, the ongoing investigation involving the Kansas Department of Children and Families and the paternity suit filed by Hill’s girlfriend.
- Even so, Paylor says there’s still “plenty of reason to think if both sides have their way, that will also remain the case in 2020 and beyond.“
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that if contract talks between the Chiefs and WR Tyreek Hill reach an impasse, it’s possible Kansas City could consider making him available for trade.
Back in February, Jay Glazer reported that he had heard some rumblings at the start of free agency that Hill had come up in trade talks, but he assumed that it was related to contract talks.
Florio notes that the Chiefs traded up to get WR Mecole Hardman a few months ago and it’s possible that they could move forward with him, as opposed to paying huge money to sign Hill.