Here’s a running list of reports and rumors regarding the Broncos’ head-coaching search. Be sure to check back for the latest updates.
- Rams QBs coach Zac Taylor (Interviewed)
- Former Colts HC Chuck Pagano (Interviewed)
- Steelers OL Coach Mike Munchak (Interviewed)
- Patriots DC Brian Flores (Scheduled)
- Bears DC Vic Fangio (Scheduled)
According to Troy Renck, Rams QBs coach Zac Taylor is not the favorite to become the Broncos’ next head coach. However, Renck wonders if Taylor could be a candidate to take over as the team’s offensive coordinator, given that he’s been described as a smart, bright, relatable, and forward-thinking coach.
- Mike Klis hears that Chuck Pagano made a “strong impression” on the Broncos during his Wednesday interview and came off confident and detailed. Klis believes Pagano has a chance to land the job.
- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos plan to speak with former Packers HC Mike McCarthy and see where he stands and his thoughts on coaching.
- Mike Klis of 9News mentions that former Colts HC Chuck Pagano is a name to keep an eye on for the Broncos’ head-coaching job. Klis mentions that Pagano is a Colorado guy with head-coaching experience.
- According to Peter King, Broncos executive VP John Elway wants to emulate some of the more imaginative offensive schemes in football and is likely to try to find the best available offensive mind and build a staff around him.