New Cowboys DE Aldon Smith said on FOX Football Now that he hit rock bottom in 2018.
“I was in a really dark place and I didn’t have a lot of value for how I thought about myself. It got (so) bad that I was sleeping under a car for some nights b/c my sickness took me there,” Smith said, per Jon Machota.
As for returning to the NFL after sitting out the past four years, Smith said he’s thankful for the opportunity the Cowboys have presented him with.
“It gave me a greater appreciation for the game I’ve been blessed to play. I’m just so excited that the Cowboys and the NFL has given me a chance to come back and finish what I started,” Smith said, per Jon Machota.
- Per their official Twitter account, the Cowboys held a pre-draft video conference meeting with Auburn DL Marlon Davidson.
- Dallas also met with Alabama DL Raekwon Davis. (Twitter)
- The Dallas Cowboys had a virtual interview with TCU WR Jalen Reagor on Friday.
- Texas A&M DT Justin Madubuike had a Top 30 visit scheduled with the Eagles before the shutdown. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ralph Vacchiano believes that regardless if he has received offers for the No. 4 pick, Giants GM Dave Gettleman is definitely interested in trading back in the draft.
- Due to the demand for the top quarterbacks in the draft, Gettleman would likely be able to move back and still draft the same player he would have taken originally. A trade with Las Vegas for picks No. 12 and 18 would be a “no brainer”, according to Vacchiano.
- Vacchiano stresses the importance of taking an offensive tackle instead of Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons at No.4. He thinks the offensive line requires upgrades and the team would be able to win by protecting QB Daniel Jones and RB Saquon Barkley.
- Unless the price drops for LB Markus Golden, Vacchiano doesn’t see the team re-signing him to a new contract for 2020.