- Calvin Watkins reports that Cowboys WR Terrance Williams was given an excused absence from Friday’s practice and his absence is not related to a possible suspension.
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said they’re leaning towards activating WR Brice Butler over playing Williams in Week 4. (Jon Machota)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson confirmed that S Rodney McLeod underwent knee surgery, but added that they’ve yet to make a decision whether he’ll be placed on injured reserve. (Jeff McLane)
- Pederson said that they’re looking at safety options with McLeod out, but he’s comfortable with the safeties they currently have on the roster now. (Jeff McLane)
- According to Pederson, RB Darren Sproles isn’t ready yet, but Jay Ajayi is good to go and they believe his back fracture is something he’ll be able to play through. (Jeff McLane)
- Pederson mentions that WR Alshon Jeffery missed Friday’s practice with an illness. (Jeff McLane)
- The Eagles officially ruled out S Rodney McLeod (knee) and RB Darren Sproles (hamstring) for Week 4 and list RB Corey Clement (quadricep), LB Nathan Gerry (groin), and WR Alshon Jeffery (illness, shoulder) as questionable.
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur didn’t rule out the possibility of either Saquon Barkley or Odell Beckham getting reps in the return game against the Saints this weekend. (Matt Lombardo)
- The New York Giants officially ruled out five players for Week 4’s game on Friday including OLB Olivier Vernon (ankle), CB Eli Apple (groin), WR Cody Latimer (knee), RB Jonathan Stewart (foot) and TE Evan Engram (knee).
- The Giants also list WR/PR Stacy Coley (hamstring) and CB Antonio Hamilton (groin) as questionable.