- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys want to speak with G Zack Martin‘s agent at some point in the near future about a long-term extension and it’s possible the two parties will get together at the Scouting Combine.
- Archer says that the issue in contract negotiations between Dallas and Martin will be the structure of the contract.
- The Cowboys could pick up $7 million of cap space by restructuring C Travis Frederick’s contract, which would help them get a new deal in place for Martin.
- If the Cowboys franchise DE DeMarcus Lawrence, as many expect them to, it could force them to seriously entertain the possibility of releasing WR Dez Bryant, writes Archer.
- Multiple sources have told Archer that the Cowboys are considering using Byron Jones at cornerback again.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Eagles have no immediate plans to hire an offensive coordinator to take Frank Reich‘s place.
- Instead, Rapoport says that the Eagles could potentially elevate Duce Staley and Mike Groh to larger roles.
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.com writes that the Giants may try to re-sign OL Justin Pugh in free agency, but the cost could prove to be too much for them. Pugh has also made it clear that he wants to get paid this offseason.
- According to Vacchiano, the Giants may actually prefer to keep Brett Jones at center and move on from Weston Richburg.
- Some free agents who could return include OL D.J. Fluker, RB Orleans Darkwa, LB Devon Kennard, and LB Kelvin Sheppard.
- Conversely, Vacchiano expects the Giants to move on from LB Jonathan Casillas, RB Shane Vereen, QB Geno Smith, S Nat Berhe, LB Akeem Ayers and CB Darryl Morris.