“That’s what a player like him costs you,” Garrett said, per Jane Slater.
“We feel like he’s a very physically talented guy,” Garrett added, per Rob Phillips. “He’s big, he’s fast, he’s quick and explosive, he has play-making ability, he’s a good route-runner, makes contested plays on the ball.”
- Garrett also said of Cooper: “By all accounts from everybody we know at Alabama, one of the best players they’ve had there, one of the best people they’ve had there. It’s a position we feel like we needed to add some firepower.” (Brandon George)
- Cowboys DE Randy Gregory underwent minor surgery on his knee and there is a hope he can return for the Titans game. (Calvin Watkins)
- Cowboys G Zack Martin and TE Geoff Swaim suffered sprained MCLs in Week 8 and will not practice this week. Martin said he doesn’t expect to miss any time, but Swaim may need more time to recover. (Todd Archer)
Tim McManus of ESPN takes a looks at some speculative trade options for the Eagles that could make sense for them to pursue before next week’s deadline.
- Regarding the decision to trade CB Eli Apple, Giants HC Pat Shurmur said: “I don’t know if that sends a message to the fans. The organization has to look at the long-term. That doesn’t mean we’re not trying to win every game now.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- When asked if he thinks Eli Manning will be his quarterback after the trade deadline, Shurmur said: “Yes, I do. I think Eli will be our QB and he has been and will continue to be here.” (Pat Leonard)