- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said of Jason Garrett coaching out the final year of his contract: “No one wants Jason to be around here for the long term more than the Jones family. No one thinks more of him than we do. But at the same time, everybody’s back is against the wall right now.” (Jon Machota)
- When asked specifically about the possibility of signing S Earl Thomas, Jones said: “I wouldn’t rule us out on a player on another team if we think it was the right fit. …You gotta put it all together. You gotta tell me where we end up with Beasley & where we end up with a couple other guys.” (Jon Machota)
- Jones mentioned he expects WR Allen Hurns to remain on the roster and be ready to go by training camp. (Jon Machota)
- According to Jones, they would like to re-sign WR Cole Beasley but if they don’t, Hurns will be an option at slot receiver.
- Jones confirmed that Kellen Moore will call offensive plays for them in 2019 and they have a high level of confidence in him. (Calvin Watkins)
- NFL Media’s Daniel Jeremiah says Clemson DE Austin Bryant would be a fit for the Cowboys in the second round, via Jon Machota.
Rosenblatt says the Eagles should try to buy-low on Ross and offer a late-round pick, despite injury issues.
The Philadelphia Eagles announced Tuesday that they’ve hired Nathan Ollie as assistant defensive line coach.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Giants have hired Everett Withers as their new DBs coach, replacing Lou Anarumo, who departed to become the Bengals’ DC.