- Albert Breer’s sense is that the Cowboys are confident they’ll be able to work something out before the season starts in regards to a long-term extension for G Zack Martin.
- Breer considers it to be a “safe bet” that Martin ends up as at least second-highest paid offensive lineman in the league with his next deal coming in at over $13 million per year.
- Both Cowboys HC Jason Garrett and DL coach Rod Marinelli confirmed that DT David Irving is out of shape right now. (Clarence Hill)
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice takes a look at three free agent linebackers that would make sense for the Eagles to bring in.
- Kempski’s list includes Dannell Ellerbe, Keenan Robinson and Mike Mitchell, who has played safety in the past but could be converted to a hybrid linebacker.
Dan Duggan provides the contract details for two of the Giants’ recent free agent acquisitions. Both deals include no guaranteed money and have cap hits of $630,000.
- OL Chris Scott signed a one-year, $925,000 deal.
- CB Chris Lewis-Harris signed a one-year, $790,000 deal.
- John Keim reports that the Redskins signed G Shawn Lauvao to a one-year contract worth up to $2.39 million. The deal includes a $950,000 base salary to go along with a $200,000 roster bonus, $300,000 signing bonus and up to $1 million in incentives deemed likely to be earned.