When asked if he is worth $40 million annually, Cowboys QB Dak Prescott responded: “You tell me.”
“You tell me,” Prescott told Kimberley A. Martin of Yahoo Sports. “You’re the prognosticator.”
Prescott did, however, say that he’s confident “something will happen” and trusts that his agent and the Cowboys will be able to finalize a deal.
“If it’s my call to write it, yeah, no telling. I mean, let’s be honest, right? So like I said before, I mean, I trust my agent. I trust the Cowboys. Something will get done. We’re not going to sit here and put a number on it. Something will happen,” Prescott said.
- According to the Athletic’s Zach Berman, the Eagles would have some interest in Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue if he were to hit the open market, as they’re willing to invest major resources in pass rushers.
- Berman says the Eagles are more likely to target Falcons LB De’Vondre Campbell than Rams LB Cory Littleton to bolster their linebacking corps, as the former is expected to be much more affordable.
- Other bargain additions for the Eagles to keep an eye on include Buccaneers WR Breshad Perriman and Vikings CB Mackensie Alexander.
- Depending of course on what happens in free agency, Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice says the Eagles could receive compensatory picks from WR Nelson Agholor (5th), LT Jason Peters (5th), OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai (6th), CB Ronald Darby (6th), S Rodney McLeod (6th), LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (7th) and DT Timmy Jernigan (7th), assuming they sign contracts close to what he forecasts.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Eagles LB Nigel Bradham as a likely cap cut this offseason.
- According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, the top free agent to watch for the Giants is Patriots LB Kyle Van Noy, who would boost New York’s pass rush and is familiar with new HC Joe Judge.
- Signing Van Noy might mean the Giants let LB Markus Golden explore other opportunities in free agency, per Leonard.
- Leonard also lists Patriots G Joe Thuney, LB Jamie Collins, WR Phillip Dorsett, S Devin McCourty and special teamer Matthew Slater.
- Another free-agent option for the Giants would be 49ers DL Arik Armstead if he becomes available.
- Leonard says the Giants are much more likely to cut OT Nate Solder in 2021 than they are before this season.
- Arians mentioned assistant ST coach Amos Jones might interview with the Giants. (Jenna Laine)
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Redskins CB Josh Norman, TE Jordan Reed and WR Paul Richardson as likely cap cuts this offseason.
- Rosenthal says Washington could also cut RB Adrian Peterson, which wouldn’t provide much cap relief but would make the Redskins younger at the position.