“All the things you see me doing out here is pretty much what I’ll be doing,” Austin said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I ain’t touched the backfield yet, but hopefully, eventually if they need me back there, I’ll be back there too.”
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com takes a look at five players who have stood out for the Eagles during training camp including OL Matt Pryor, CB Sidney Jones, RB Darren Sproles, TE Dallas Goedert and CB Ronald Darby.
- As for those who haven’t impressed up to this point, Kempski lists QB Nick Foles, G Chance Warmack, OL Isaac Seumalo, DT Haloti Ngata, and P Cameron Johnston.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Giants supplemental CB Sam Beal is undergoing surgery on Friday after he suffered a dislocated shoulder a few weeks ago. Rapoport adds that Beal will have plenty of time to be ready for the 2019 season.
- The Giants signed veteran CB Leonard Johnson. (NFLTR)
- The Giants also worked out CBs Including Alterraun Verner and Zack Sanchez. (NFLTR)
Redskins RB Rob Kelley says he’s dropped some weight this offseason to help him get faster.
“It comes with the change within,” Kelley said, via the Washington Post. “I’m lighter, I’m faster. . . . I’m 221 pounds.”
Washington has bolstered their running back position with the selection of Derrius Guice, so Kelley will face more competition heading into camp this year.
“It’s the team’s job to keep on getting competition, to keep pushing the envelope, so, I mean, it doesn’t make a difference,” Kelley said. “[I’ve] still got to work as hard as I can. . . . There’s always a competition, whether you think it or not.”
- Redskins WR Josh Doctson has a heel injury that had to be drained, but he is expected to be good to go in a few days. (Chick Hernandez)