- Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys have inquired about the availability of at least one prominent offensive assistant, despite Jason Garrett claiming that no major changes were coming to the coaching staff.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys have fired assistant special teams coach Doug Colman.
reports that Cowboys assistant DL coach Leon Lett
is returning on a new deal.
- Geoff Mosher and Adam Caplan report that the Eagles are parting ways with DL coach Chris Wilson and WRs coach Gunter Brewer.
- The Eagles will also allow assistant OL coach Eugene Chung to move on. (Geoff Mosher)
- Although Jordan Raanan believes Texans’ impending free agent S Tyrann Mathieu “makes a lot of sense” for the Giants, he isn’t New York would want to invest heavily at safety, given that they also have Landon Collins to address this offseason.
- Raanan mentions that rebuilding the defensive front-seven will be a priority for the Giants this offseason. Raanan adds that GM Dave Gettleman wants to have “a stable” of edge defenders.
- Raanan has a hard time seeing the Giants retaining DL Olivier Vernon this offseason since the team “wasn’t thrilled with him” at times this year.
- As for possible free agent right tackles, Raanan says Panthers RT Daryl Williams “makes a ton of sense” for the Giants since he is familiar with Gettleman. However, his medical information will be important towards reaching a deal.
- Regarding Giants CB Sam Beal‘s season-ending shoulder injury, Raanan mentions that he’s expected to make a full recovery and will be given the opportunity to compete for the starting outside cornerback role.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!