Home Cowboys NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- According to Ian Rapoport, Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is in attendance for the start of offseason workouts.
- There had been some thought that Elliot would wait to show up until serious talks began on his contract extension.
- Albert Breer writes that he wouldn’t be surprised if Elliott held out at some point this offseason and adds that Dallas likely wouldn’t be surprised by it either.
- According to Mike Kaye, Eagles RB Josh Adams will miss the start of offseason workouts as he recovers from a January surgery to repair a torn labrum.
- Adams should be healthy by July and ready to battle for a roster spot in training camp.
- Eagles QB Carson Wentz says his back is “feeling good” and he’s taking things week-to-week with the goal of being ready by OTAs. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Wentz added the stress fracture in his back is not fully healed yet but, “it’s getting there.” (Jeff McLane)
- Wentz mentions the idea of being in Philadelphia long-term is “exciting” but that he’s leaving all contract talks to his agent. (Rosenblatt)
- Eagles C Jason Kelce says he played through a litany of injuries in 2018, including a Grade II MCL sprain, broken foot, torn elbow among others: “(I’m) as healed as I’m going to get.” (McLane)
- Temple RB Ryquell Armstead visited the Eagles Monday. (Zach Berman)
- Giants QB Eli Manning can earn a $500,000 bonus by completing this year’s offseason workouts. (Field Yates)
- According to HC Pat Shurmur, CB Sam Beal is “100 percent” and will be a full participant in offseason workouts. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Shurmur added he hasn’t talked to Manning about his contract status: “I don’t feel the need to talk to him about his contract. Eli does a great job of staying in the moment. He’s here today, excited to get into this in the second year of our system and build on what we did.” (Pat Leonard)
- Manning says he’s not approaching this season any differently and believes having a second year in the same offensive will be an advantage. (Leonard)
- Manning saw the news of WR Odell Beckham‘s trade came across on the bottom of the screen while he was watching TV. He says Beckham is a “good friend” and he reached out right away. (Leonard)
- Manning understands he’ll likely have competition next year: “I figure the Giants are gonna get a young quarterback, I understand that. Hey, I still have to do my job and do my part. My job, as I see it, is to go out there and play quarterback and win football games.” (Stapleton)
- The Giants will host Alabama DT Quinnen Williams, Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins and Florida State DE Brian Burns this week. (Art Stapleton)
- Alabama State OT Tytus Howard visited the Redskins Monday. (Josh Norris)
- Shepherd DB DeJuan Neal and Virginia Union OL Shamdu Nalls reportedly had strong workouts at Washington’s local pro day. (Aaron Wilson)