- According to NFL Media’s Jane Slater, former Cowboys WR Allen Hurns says the team did not approach him about a pay cut until Monday, just a few days before he was scheduled to report to camp.
- Dallas released Hurns on Tuesday and saved $5 million in cap space.
- Per Rob Phillips of the team website, Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said he expects to see RB Ezekiel Elliott at training camp: “Yeah, we anticipate that. I’ve heard nothing different on that.”
- Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports that the Cowboys have not made “any progress” on a contract extension with CB Byron Jones.
- In his 53-man roster projection, ESPN’s Tim McManus has the Eagles keeping fifth-round rookie QB Clayton Thorson and cutting QB Cody Kessler.
- At running back, McManus has the Eagles to cutting Wendell Smallwood, Josh Adams and Boston Scott after the addition of Darren Sproles.
- McManus writes WR Mack Hollins will be competing against Shelton Gibson, Charles Johnson, Marken Michel and Braxton Miller for the final receiver spot, though the Eagles could keep a sixth from one of the players listed.
- McManus has the Eagles cutting S Andrew Sendejo from the secondary.
- According to 94WIP’s Eliot Shorr-Parks, former Packers DL Mike Daniels could be an option for the Eagles to improve their depth, as he reportedly wants to play for a Super Bowl contender.
- Daniels likely wouldn’t start for Philadelphia, however, the veteran would be a proven alternative to players like Treyvon Hester, Bruce Hector or Hassan Ridgeway.
- Per SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano, sources say it’s not out of the question the Giants could bring back QB Eli Manning in 2020 with an extension.
- Vacchiano’s source mentioned that Manning would have to play well and lead the Giants to the playoffs.
- According to ESPN’s Jordan Raanan, the Giants workout of safeties Tre Boston and Johnathan Cyprien was more due diligence. Raanan doesn’t anticipate New York signing either, as they would command starter’s salaries.
- Giants fifth-round WR Darius Slayton sat out practice with a minor hamstring injury. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants OT Nate Solder will practice Thursday in some form as he’s coming off offseason ankle surgery. (Pat Leonard)
- The Giants continue to be impressed by first-round QB Daniel Jones, who has “exceeded expectations” according to HC Pat Shurmur: “We really haven’t seen anything he can’t do in terms of playing quarterback.” (Raanan)
- Redskins OT Trent Williams did not report to training camp. HC Jay Gruden said he expects Williams back soon: “Right now there are some things he has to work out, individually and personally, with his agent.” (Mike Garafolo)
- Redskins OL Ereck Flowers will continue to work at tackle in Williams’ absence. (JP Finlay)
- Gruden says Redskins OT Morgan Moses checked in at 328 pounds, the best shape he’s ever been in. (John Keim)
- Gruden says RB Derrius Guice won’t be limited by a hamstring issue. (Keim)
- Gruden says the team felt confident in the players behind LB Mason Foster, which is why they released him Tuesday: “There’s really no good timing to release a player but we feel really good with the young guys at linebacker.” (Finlay)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!