- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said of suspended DE Randy Gregory: “We’ll go through the process. Any way we can help to support him, we’ll certainly embrace that opportunity. He’s someone that has worked very hard at this and we’re excited about his future.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters that neither the team nor G Zack Martin‘s reps have any doubt that they will eventually get a long-term extension in place. (Jon Machota)
- Jones said he doesn’t see the Cowboys adding a veteran tight end to their current group at this time, but he admitted that he could always change his mind. (Nick Eatman)
- Zach Berman says it’s worth keeping an eye out whether the Eagles will look to trade from deeper positions during training camp.
- Berman notes that Philadelphia traded OL Allen Barbre, WR Jordan Matthews, OL Matt Tobin, and S Terrence Brooks last summer, so if they’re able to get even a late/conditional pick for a player, it wouldn’t be surprising to see them make a deal.
- As for an area where the Eagles could bring in some depth, Berman points out that the team could still use a No. 3 safety and there happens to be a lot of depth at the position in free agency. Even so, Berman expects the Eagles to see what they have internally during OTAs before looking at free agents.
Although Giants owner John Mara said that there isn’t a “sense of urgency” at this point in time to sign WR Odell Beckham Jr.‘s to a long-term deal, he mentioned that a deal will get done “when it’s supposed to get done.”
“I wouldn’t say a sense of urgency,” Mara said, per Tom Rock. “The contract will get done when it’s supposed to be done. That’s a Dave Gettleman line and I’m going to adopt it. All spring, all summer, as long as it takes.”
- Pro Football Talk reports that the Redskins have parted ways with veteran scout and former director of college scouting Scott Campbell.