- Jay Glazer says he expects the Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott to eventually agree to an extension that will pay him “in the low 30s.“
As of now, Cooper has not been ruled out for the preseason, according to Rapoport.
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports expects Eagles second-round RB Miles Sanders to finish the 2019 season with the most carries of their running back rotation.
- Robinson said the Eagles views first-round OT Andre Dillard as a “work in progress” and explains that he’s still learning how to “use his strengths.” According to Robinson, the Eagles’ staff has praised the timing of Dillard’s hands and how he uses his punch.
- Robinson mentions that the Eagles’ interest in acquiring Texans EDGE Jadeveon Clowney “has been flat” since he doesn’t fit their culture and would be a big financial burden.
- While Robinson points out that the Eagles lack quality and depth at linebacker, the team believes DC Jim Schwartz can “mix and match” their players to find packages that work.
- Robinson adds that the Eagles have “some stress” about their pass rush off the edge and the staff is “putting the onus” on their younger players.
- In the end, Robinson wouldn’t be shocked to see the Eagles make another attempt to convince DE Chris Long to come out of retirement.
Redskins first-round QB Dwyane Haskins explained that he was “a little more settled down” in his second preseason game.
“I’m not going to throw two picks again. That’s what I thought, and I didn’t, so that’s good,” Haskins said via Pro Football Talk. “I was just a little more settled down this week than I was last week. I felt like I was more in my element.”
“It was good. Just trying to move the ball down the field, make smart decisions, not put the ball into harm’s way,” Haskins said.