- According to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys DT’s Antwaun Woods and second-round rookie DT Trysten Hill missed practice Wednesday because they were sent home for being late to a meeting.
- Hill also fell asleep during a speech by NBA Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas and was called out by Thomas. (Watkins)
- Cowboys signed CB D.J. White to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- According to NBC Sports JP Finlay, in his first public comments since his conflict with the team began, Redskins LT Trent Williams revealed he had a cancerous growth on his head that started six years ago. He was initially told by the team doctors it was minor.
- Williams said “There’s no trust,” in the team anymore. (Finlay)
- Asked if he wanted to be traded, Williams just laughed before adding he did value his relationship with team owner Dan Snyder. (Finlay)
- Williams stated there was no amount of guaranteed money the team could add to his contract now that would solve things, saying he’s not “asking them for a dime.” (Finlay)
- While he communicated with teammates, Williams told reporters he had radio silence from the front office during his holdout: “There was no communication, there was no conversation.” (Finlay)
- Williams acknowledged he’s grateful for the organization and what it’s given him in the past and that the situation wasn’t Snyder’s fault. (Finlay)
- Williams again didn’t practice as the team works through finding him a helmet that doesn’t cause his head discomfort. (Tom Pelissero)
- Redskins interim HC Bill Callahan said the team is working to find a customized helmet for Williams. (Finlay)
- For the second consecutive practice, Redskins first-round rookie QB Dwayne Haskins took the first-team reps in practice. (John Keim)
- Redskins QB Case Keenum remains in the concussion protocol, though he hasn’t officially been ruled out for Sunday. (Finlay)