“We were being outplayed. It’s time for risks at that particular time,” Jones said, via the DallasCowboys.com.
Garrett explained that he felt it was a long fourth and one situation.
“Yeah, it was a long one,” Garrett said. “You know, we had a 3rd-and-2 and we didn’t make much on it and we just felt like at that point in the game, the way our defense was playing, the idea was to pin them down there.”
- Even though Jerry Jones second-guessed his fourth-down decision, Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said he believes he has the support of ownership. (Clarence Hill)
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said that LB Sean Lee (hamstring) is making progress, but it’s a stretch to think he’ll play in Week 6. (Jon Machota)
Falcons owner Arthur Blank was asked if he saw the team’s 1-4 coming.
“Are you kidding me,” Blank responded, via Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
“We can’t erase the last five games,” Blank explained. “We have to make adjustments. That’s all you can do. Start out next week and act like it’s 0-0. Nobody wants to hear any excuses. Nobody wants to hear any stories. That’s the nature of this business.”
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said Monday that QB Matt Ryan had X-rays taken on Sunday but they came back negative: “He did have an X-ray and he is 100 percent good to go.” (Vaughn McClure)
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur addressed the report that they play to move on from OT Ereck Flowers, saying that “it’s just kind of run its course.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- According to Shurmur, there was no incident that led to Flowers’ impending release and he thinks Flowers could simply benefit from a change of scenery.
- Shurmur mentioned that rookie QB Saquon Barkley is “fine, healthy and ready to go” after his injury scare on Sunday. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Shurmur also said that TE Rhett Ellison has a sore foot and K Aldrick Rosas is dealing with a sore quad.
- Giants TE Evan Engram is coming back and he has a shot to play in Week 6 and they’re still hopeful about OLB Olivier Vernon.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera said Monday that there is a chance TE Greg Olsen could play this week: “Hopefully he’ll be ready to roll on Wednesday.” (Max Henson)
- Rivera mentioned that LB Thomas Davis, who has served his four-game suspension, will start in Week 6’s game against the Redskins. (Joe Person)
- Panthers TE Greg Olsen told reporters that he most likely will need a second surgery for his Jones fracture, but he’s hoping his foot holds up for the remainder of the season. (Joe Person)