- Calvin Watkins reports that the Cowboys had a good visit with Dolphins DE Robert Quinn and would still like to work a trade for him.
- According to Watkins, the Cowboys haven’t ruled out signing former Seahawks DL Malik McDowell. As of now, the Cowboys are working through some medical information and getting various opinions on McDowell.
- Watkins says the Cowboys see George Iloka playing both safety spots for them, which will create competition and position flexibility.
- Giants owner John Mara told reporters on Sunday that he gave “reluctant approval” for the Odell Beckham trade. Meanwhile, co-owner Steve Tisch said it was “one of the toughest decisions” he’s made as an owner. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Mara said of the Browns’ offer for Beckham: “They made an offer that Dave [Gettleman] and Pat [Shurmur] found compelling and we ultimately approved it. Not an easy decision.” (Kimberly Jones)
- Mara admitted that there were times when Beckham’s distractions bothered him but “it never reached the point where we said to Dave ‘We’ve got to get rid of this guy.’ He’s a good guy.” (Pat Leonard)
- Mara bristled when asked about keeping QB Eli Manning in place as their starter and the team’s plan moving forward: “I love that question, ‘What is the plan? The plan is to build the team and make it better.’” (Dan Duggan)
- Regarding Manning, Mara was adamant that bringing him back is “absolutely not” a sentimental decision: “Yes, I do [think he can be successful] if we surround him with the right people.” (Jordan Raanan)
- Mara did, however, say that he would like to draft a quarterback this year, but they won’t force the issue: “I would like to come out of this draft with a quarterback. But show me what the value is. The worst thing you can do is force that.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- John Keim reports that the NFL is still investigating the situation involving Redskins LB Reuben Foster.
- According to Keim, the NFL is still gathering information and there is no timeline a decision regarding Foster and the recent ruling on Browns RB Kareem Hunt has no bearing on the timeline for Foster.