- According to Jane Slater, the Cowboys met with impending free-agent DL David Irving‘s representation at the NFL Combine on Thursday but there was no discussion on whether the team would use a first- or second-round tender on him.
- Slater described the meeting as a “good opening” conversation and shows that Dallas wants to re-sign him.
- Regarding re-signing Cowboys G Zack Martin and DE DeMarcus Lawrence, owner Jerry Jones said the team has been speaking to their representation but declined to mention the status of contract negotiations. (Jon Machota)
- According to Machota, the Cowboys will try to develop a young quarterback behind Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush and will not look to sign a veteran backup.
- JP Finlay mentions that while there has been talk of the Redskins re-signing CB Bashaud Breeland, it’s still likely he’ll be playing elsewhere in 2018.
- According to Finley, the Redskins have been impressed with LSU RB Derrius Guice and like Iowa CB Josh Jackson, Washington NT Vita Vea, Iowa LB Josey Jewell and Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta.
- If the Redskins are unable to re-sign free agent LB Zach Brown, who is reportedly looking for as much as $19 million guaranteed, they could target someone like Jewell in the draft.