- According to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys DE Robert Quinn is likely to leave for another team in free agency this offseason.
- At 30, Quinn would likely only figure as a situational pass rusher for Dallas as they try to get younger, while he could command a starting salary elsewhere.
- We have him included in our Top 100 – 2020 Free Agents list.
- According to the Athletic’s Dan Duggan, because new Giants HC Joe Judge has placed a heavy weight on familiarity when filling out his coaching staff, it stands to reason he’ll do the same with the roster.
- That makes the Giants a team to watch for Patriots LB Kyle Van Noy, S Devin McCourty, LB Jamie Collins, OL Ted Karras, LB Elandon Roberts, K Nick Folk, ST Matthew Slater or ST Nate Ebner in free agency.
- Given new OC Jason Garrett‘s roots, the Giants also make sense as a team to watch for Cowboys free agents, including CB Byron Jones, TE Jason Witten and OL Joe Looney.
- Browns LB Joe Schobert and OT Greg Robinson could also be free-agent options for the Giants because of their connections with new TE coach Freddie Kitchens.
- SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano reports Giants GM Dave Gettleman is “more open to the idea” of trading down from No. 4 overall. Gettleman has never traded down in the draft as a general manager.
- The arrival of Judge from the Patriots, who place a high value on trading down, is a factor, per Vacchiano, who also points out the draft board shapes up well for a trade down, with teams looking to move up for a quarterback and multiple players the Giants would still be able to draft a few picks later.