- ESPN’s Josina Anderson says the Cowboys have told her they won’t be involved in a bidding war for S Earl Thomas or other top safeties: “We have a value we would go to for the player.”
- According to Jeff McLane, the Eagles inquired about trades for other speedy receivers including Kenny Stills of the Dolphins.
- Jason La Canfora previously reported that the Eagles’ exploring receiver trades led to a strong perception among other teams they would move on from WR Nelson Agholor rather than pay him $9 million. After trading for DeSean Jackson, La Canfora says that sense is “even stronger now.”
- However, Jeff McLane reports that Agholor is likely to remain with the Eagles and may not need a new contract to be back.
- McLane says it would likely take an attractive offer to pry Agholor away from the Eagles.
Graziano reports that the Giants still had no active trade talks involving WR Odell Beckham Jr and he seriously doubts ownership signs off on a trade that would leave the Giants with $16 million in dead money on their cap.
However, Graziano says there are teams including the 49ers and Browns still hoping to talk the Giants out of Beckham and people around the league believe such a move isn’t impossible for the right price.
- According to the NY Daily News’ Pat Leonard, pending Ravens free agent LB Za’Darius Smith is a target for the Giants. However, New York might not be able to afford the $10 million a season people around the league believe Smith will command.
- Former Colts CB Pierre Desir is another top target for the Giants, as they prioritize adding a veteran corner. (Ryan Dunleavy)