Home Bears NFC North Notes: Bears, Lions, Packers
- According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Bears WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion) and OT Bobby Massie (ankle) were the only two players to miss practice Wednesday.
- Bears placed LB Danny Trevathan on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Bears promoted DB Michael Joseph to their active roster.
- Bears signed WR Alex Wesley to their practice squad.
- Per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions ownership group of Martha Ford, Sheila Ford and Rod Wood sent a letter to season-ticket holders affirming they are committed to HC Matt Patricia through 2020, but they expect to be playoff contenders next year.
- Patricia told reporters that nothing new happened with QB Matthew Stafford‘s back injury to prompt his placement on injured reserve, they mainly just needed the roster spot with all of their other injuries. (Michael Rothstein)
- Patricia noted getting to a point where he could deal with contact was the hurdle Stafford was never able to overcome in his rehab. (Rothstein)
- Patricia confirmed they were considering bringing RB Kerryon Johnson back off of injured reserve this week. (Rothstein)
- According to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers LT David Bakhtiari earned a $500,000 base salary escalator in 2020 for being named to the Pro Bowl.