- Lions QB Matthew Stafford surprisingly showed up on the team’s Friday injury report with a hip issue.
- Kyle Meinke reports that people he has spoken with would be “shocked” if Stafford didn’t start on Sunday. According to Meinke, Stafford tweaked his hip but it’s not expected to impact his availability for Sunday’s game.
- Dave Birkett mentions that Lions CB Darius Slay is still “extremely limited” during practice. Birkett adds that he would certainly be ready for Mike Ford to get the start if Slay can’t play.
- The Detroit Lions brought in free agent P Sean Smith for a tryout on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Detroit Lions officially ruled out DT Mike Daniels (foot) for Week 4 and list WR Danny Amendola (chest), DE Da’Shawn Hand (elbow), CB Darius Slay (hamstring), and QB Matthew Stafford (hip) as questionable.
Packers WR Davante Adams told reporters that he suffered a turf toe injury during Thursday’s game that forced him to sit out the final few drives.
“It sucks,” Adams said, via ESPN.com. “You feel like in situations like that, you let the team down. Obviously I would’ve been out there if I could, but I’m in a little bit of pain, and it was tough. With a toe injury and the type of player I am — what my game is based on is explosion and things like that, so if I can’t get out there and really do my thing how I want and I’m in a lot of pain, I’m sure my teammates understand that.
“But it’s tough, because I feel like those are the type of moments that I’m built for and I’ve been able to capitalize in bringing home a win — or help bring home a win — for my team in the past, so it sucks.”
“We’ve got to check it out,” Adams said. “They looked at it a little bit now, but we’ll look at it more tomorrow and get a better idea about where I’m at.”
- David Chao expects this to be a multi-week absence for Adams.
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said of Adams’ turf toe: “As far as long term, it’s tough to say right now.” LaFleur added that it’s a good opportunity for other receivers to impress and team will have a better idea about Adams’ injury timeline after the weekend off. (Matt Schneidman)
- After being stretched off at the start of Thursday’s game, Packers RB Jamaal Williams posted on Instagram Friday morning that he’s “gonna be good” moving forward: “Only thing hurting right now is my pride for not being able to finish the game with my team. It’s all gonna be good.“
- According to LaFleur, Williams is home now after spending the night in the hospital and he’s doing well. (Matt Schneidman)
The Vikings signed Diggs to an extension and trading him away would result in a sizable cap hit of $9 million in dead money next year. However, Florio says the Vikings would shed the balance of his $8.9 million salary for 2019 while also avoiding a $10.9 million salary for 2020 that becomes fully guaranteed in March.
Florio writes that Diggs has “possibly has become a luxury the Vikings can’t afford.”
- The Minnesota Vikings officially ruled out LB Kentrell Brothers (wrist, hamstring), and G Josh Kline (concussion) for Week 4 and list CB Mackensie Alexander (elbow) as questionable.