- According to the Athletic’s Adam Jahns, Bears GM Ryan Pace seemed to suggest Chicago had a better chance of re-signing LB Danny Trevathan than LB Nick Kwiatkoski, who should have a decent market in free agency: “He took full advantage of his opportunities when he got them. You tip your hat to him. We talk about drafting and developing players. With him being a fourth-round pick, we’re proud of where he got to.”
- Pace acknowledged they’d like to sign WR Allen Robinson to an extension: “He’s a good player and does a lot for our team on and off the field. He’s a guy we’d like to have a Bear for a long time.”
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Lions WR Danny Amendola‘s one-year deal with Detroit includes $4.5 million guaranteed.
- Pelissero says the deal is worth $5 million but can reach $5.5 million if Amendola produces like last season and $6 million total with other incentives.
- Per ESPN’s Michael Rothstein, Lions G Kenny Wiggins says he’s still rehabbing his torn bicep from 2019 and is taking it slow with the goal of being ready for the start of the season.
- He adds he would like to re-sign with Detroit but he hasn’t had any meetings with the team yet.
- PEr ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers HC Matt LaFleur says the team will look to abbreviate some of the play-calling verbiages for Year 2 in the system: “The more we can shrink that verbiage, I think that’ll allow our players to go out there and play [faster]. First of all, it’ll get us in and out of the huddle a little bit faster and then go out there and play a little bit faster.”
- LaFleur added he’s excited for what the continuity will mean for QB Aaron Rodgers, particularly with the ability to go to more up-tempo, hurry-up offense: “The foundation has been laid for us. [Rodgers] knows exactly what to expect going into Year 2. Certainly, we’re going to refine some of the things we do offensively, but just really excited to get him back in the building and work through that process.”
- Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said he spoke with veteran impending free-agents CB Tramon Williams and OL Jared Veldheer about whether they want to retire or continue playing. Green Bay would like to wait until after the Combine to address their situations. (Matt Schneidman)
- Packers K Mason Crosby‘s new, three-year deal includes a $3 million signing bonus, $1.4 million base salary, a $950,000 roster bonus, a $200,000 workout bonus and $450,000 in per-game roster bonuses in 2020. (Demovsky)
- In 2021, Crosby will make a $1.5 million base salary, a $1.25 million annual roster bonus, up to $550K,000 in per-game roster bonuses and a $200,000 workout bonus.
- In 2022, Crosby will make a $2.25 million base, a $500,000 workout bonus and up to $650,000 in per-game roster bonuses.
- Wisconsin C Tyler Biadasz said he had an informal meeting with the Packers at the Combine. (Olivia Reiner)
- Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus said he had an informal interview with Packers at the NFL Combine. (Gery Woelfel)
- Per Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer seemed to suggest Minnesota wouldn’t be able to keep S Anthony Harris: “I love Anthony. If he doesn’t come back, I think he’s earned everything he’s got, but if you put up the positions most important on defense it’s probably not going to be safety.”
- Zimmer added he hasn’t had any problems with WR Stefon Diggs since the tiff in September that would precipitate a trade: “After that little thing last year, it’s been great. I don’t see it happening.” (Krammer)
- Auburn OT Prince Tega Wanogho had a formal meeting with the Vikings at the Combine. (Chris Tomasson)
- The Vikings had an informal meeting with UNC-Charlotte OT Cameron Clark, who says he’s also talked with all 32 teams. (Darren Wolfson)
- The Vikings have had a formal interview with Iowa OL Tristan Wirfs at the NFL Combine. (Wolfson)
- Wolfson mentions that Vikings GM Rick Spielman and executive George Paton were in attendance at the combine to scout Wirfs.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!