- Auburn CB Javaris Davis is scheduled to have a virtual pre-draft meeting with the Bears. (Justin Melo)
- NC State DT Larrell Murchison said he has had virtual pre-draft meetings with the Lions. (Daniel Valente)
- According to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, the Packers and RB Aaron Jones had a preliminary contract discussion at the NFL Combine.
- With both Jones and RB Jamaal Williams entering the final year of their rookie deals, Demovsky says the Packers will drop a huge hint to their future plans if they draft a running back relatively high.
- Demovsky mentions the Packers could forego a wide receiver for an offensive tackle, defensive tackle or cornerback in the first round. Free-agent addition Ricky Wagner is a stopgap at right tackle No. 2 CB Kevin King is entering the final year of his deal.
- Demovsky points out there’s no rush for the Packers to release G Lane Taylor since all he’s owed until the start of the season is a $250,000 workout bonus. Demovsky adds it’s not out of the question Green Bay keeps him on as his salary isn’t cumbersome for a backup.
- TCU CB Jeff Gladney has had a virtual pre-draft meeting with the Packers. (Justin Melo)
The quarterback position has seen a revolution in recent seasons in the NFL. The prototype used to be big-armed, statue-like pocket passers. But those quarterbacks are going the way of the dinosaur now that teams are more willing to embrace multi-faceted weapons at the position. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins is determined to evolve and improve upon his 186 rushing yards the past two seasons.
“I think personally, you look at the San Francisco game, and you see there’s a tremendous amount of room for improvement. And personally, in my own game, I felt like we got a lot of man coverage in that game, and I really needed to take off and run,” Cousins said via Eric Smith of the team’s website. “I do need to run more. I have an athleticism there that, I don’t know that I tap into enough. And so, that’s maybe an area that I’ll try to work on the best I can. The challenge is, with a red jersey on in practice, it’s really hard to know when you were tackled, when you were sacked and when you’re still scrambling. But I’d like to add that to my game and try to work on that the best I can, as hard as it is.”