- Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune considers Eddie Jackson and Adrian Amos to be the only locks at the safety position to make the Bears’ roster this summer.
- Kane lists Deon Bush, Deiondre’ Hall, and DeAndre Houston-Carson as being on the roster bubble and Nick Orr as a likely practice squad candidate for Chicago.
- Kane mentions that the big question for the Bears will be whether they extend Amos, who is in the final year of his rookie contract.
Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com breaks down the Lions’ running back and fullback positions as they prepare for the start of training camp.
- No surprise, but Twentyman projects LeGarrette Blount, Kerryon Johnson, and Theo Riddick to make the 53-man roster this summer.
- This leaves Ameer Abdullah, Zach Zenner, Dwayne Washington, Nick Bellore, and Nick Bawden all fighting to secure roster spots.
- Twentyman believes Detroit is likely to keep four or five runnings on their roster this year, depending on whether they keep a fullback.
- If Detroit decides to carry either Bellore or Bawden at fullback, Twentyman mentions that Abdullah, Zenner and Washington could be fighting for just one roster spot.
Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune takes a look at the Vikings’ defensive line heading into training camp.
- Krammer lists DE Everson Griffen, DE Danielle Hunter, NT Linval Joseph, and DT Sheldon Richardson as being the four locks to make the 53-man roster.
- Krammer has DE Brian Robison, DE Stephen Weatherly, DT Jaleel Johnson, and DT Jalyn Holmes as “good bets” to secure roster spots coming out of the preseason.
- This leaves DE Tashawn Bower, DT David Parry, and DE Ifeadi Odenigbo on the roster bubble this summer.
- Krammer considers DE Ade Aruna, DT Curtis Cothran, and DE Jonathan Wynn to be potential practice squad candidates for the Vikings.