Bears HC Matt Nagy tells Ian Rapoport that it remains to be seen whether QB Mitch Trubisky will return for Week 13’s game.
“We don’t,” Nagy replied when asked if he knows about Trubisky’s availability. “It will be one of those day-to-days for us as we go. We need to know each day where he’s at. We kind of went through the same type of thing with Khalil [Mack] and Allen Robinson several weeks ago. It’s just hard because these guys want to be out there and they want to play but sometimes we need to protect the player from the player. And they ultimately understand that, so we’ll just go day-by-day, we’ll have them both ready and we’ll see where it takes us.”
“He’s doing well,” Nagy added. “He’s improving each day, which is important. He’s a tough kid, you know and sometimes when you get in these type of situations, you need to make sure that he understands that we need to do what’s best not only for him but for the team as well. He wants to be out there, but we need to just make sure we’re doing the right thing and that he’s communicating to us how he feels and we’re getting feedback from our training staff and that we put it all together and do the right thing with him.”
- Nagy told reporters that Trubisky won’t practice on Wednesday and Chase Daniel is preparing as the starter for Week 13.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy told reporters on Wednesday that LT David Bakhtiari will not practice today with his knee/ankle injuries, but he is improving. (Rob Demovsky)
- McCarthy announced that WR/KR Trevor Davis won’t be available this week, as his hamstring issues continue. (Ryan Wood)
- Packers WR Randall Cobb and CB Kevin King returned to practice on Wednesday.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said of CB Xavier Rhodes (hamstring) playing on Sunday: “I think there’s a good chance.” (Chris Tomasson)