- Kentucky CB Lonnie Johnson Jr. said he felt good about his formal interview with the Chicago Bears at the Senior Bowl. (Chase Goodbread)
Instead, Dougherty could see Cole Beasley being an option for Green Bay if his asking price is reasonable.
- This is, of course, assuming the Packers don’t re-sign WR Randall Cobb, who will be a free agent.
- The Athletic’s Arif Hasan expects that the Vikings — with only $10.9 million in cap space — to allow RBs Latavius Murray and Ameer Abdullah, G Tom Compton, C Brett Jones and S George Iloka to walk in free agency.
- Hasan writes that the Vikings could explore trading or releasing both S Andrew Sendejo and OL Mike Remmers to free up cap space.
- Hasan identifies DE Everson Griffen and OL Riley Reiff as candidates for restructures for the Vikings this offseason.
- Another avenue to create cap space for the Vikings would be to offer extensions to CB Trae Waynes and WR Adam Thielen, per Hasan.