During the Bears’ kicking competition on Friday, the team’s kickers converted just two of eight attempts from 43 yards.
“Two for eight, that’s not good enough,” Bears HC Matt Nagy said. “Now I will say this: We always look at the end result of what happened, which is 100 percent what matters, but as we’re learning, two of those eight holds and snaps, it wasn’t 100 percent. I’ll leave it at that. We’ve got to work through that. That’s why after today we’re not going to go out and make rash, brash decisions or anything. We’re gonna play it out.”
- Nagy also announced Friday that they’ve hired Jamie Kohl as a consultant to work with team’s kickers. (Brad Biggs)
- Bears waived OL Dejon Allen, OL Willie Beavers and WR Cyril Grayson. (NFLTR)
Bears waived DB Rashard Fant with a failed physical designation
- Bears signed 22 undrafted free agents. (NFLTR)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur explained that third-round pick TE Jace Sternberger had an illness today and he should be fine tomorrow. (Olivia Reiner)
- Wisconsin RB Taiwan Deal is among the players trying out for the Packers this weekend during their rookie minicamp. (Amy Gill)
- Here’s the full list of tryouts for the Packers this weekend: (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers signed six draft picks. (NFLTR)
- Packers signed 11 undrafted free agents. (NFLTR)
- Vikings first-round pick Garrett Bradbury took snaps at center in Friday’s rookie minicamp practice, but said it hasn’t been talked whether he’ll end up playing center or guard. (Chris Tomasson)
- Regarding undrafted rookie QB Jake Browning, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said: “They guy won a lot of games, he’s a very good athlete. We felt like he’s got a lot of upside to work with, a lot of tools.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Here’s the list of players trying out during the Vikings’ minicamp this weekend.
- Vikings signed eight draft picks. (NFLTR)