- Regarding the Lions’ trade for QB David Blough with the Browns, Ian Rapoport notes that if the Lions seventh-round pick next year ends up higher than the Browns, Cleveland will get the Lions’ pick and Detroit will get the Browns’ pick. Otherwise, the picks will not be swapped.
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers took responsibility for the team’s offensive struggles and says he needs to take the lead if they’re to make a run in the final few months of the season.
“Offensively, I’ve got to take the lead and get hot in December here, and we’ve got to start finding ways to get the ball to our guys all the time,” Rodgers said, via ESPN.com. “And then the defense has to do their part and special teams has to play well. If we do those things, I like the talent of our football team, I like the spirit and chemistry, and I think we’ve got a chance to be in the mix.”
“We’re right in the mix where we want to be, playing meaningful games in December,” Rodgers added. “But I think we’ve got to play a little bit better moving forward if we want to get to where we want to go.”
- According to Rob Demovsky, new Packers OT Jared Veldheer did not practice on Thursday and is expected to arrive in Green Bay later today. Veldheer will have to pass his physical in order to practice tomorrow.
- Jim Owczarski notes that if Veldheer passes his physical, it is expected that the Packers will be granted a roster exemption for him.
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur praised RT Bryan Bulaga‘s toughness for practicing on Friday, despite the knee injury he suffered last weekend. LaFleur added that it will take the rest of the week to determine whether Bulaga could play against the Giants. (Rob Demovsky)
- Vikings WR Adam Thielen (hamstring) returned to practice on Thursday on a limited basis.
- Vikings RB Dalvin Cook popped up on the injury report Thursday with a chest injury. He did, however, put in a limited practice.