- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports mentions the Lions as a potential fit for free agent DL Arik Armstead, Michael Pierce and Jordan Phillips.
Packers’ veteran K Mason Crosby mentioned that Green Bay contacted him more quickly than expected regarding his contract extension.
“I’m just happy to have the opportunity to go into Year 14 and have all that stuff behind us. The Packers came calling pretty quick at the end of the season – a lot faster than Molly and I thought it was going to happen,” said Crosby, via Jason Wilde of The Athletic.
Crosby added that being able to focus on the 2020 season instead of his impending free-agency was “such a relief.”
“Just to be able to sign on that dotted line and move into this offseason now and focus on where we’re headed instead of trying to brace for free agency and what that might look like, it was just such a relief. I feel really good. And I’m excited for maybe a little smoother 2020, as far as personal stuff goes.”
Crosby mentioned that he felt more urgency to sign an extension this offseason given his veteran status.
“It did feel different. The urgency felt different than the last time,” said Crosby. “There were times where it’s like, because I’m at this point in my career, we had to ask the question, realistically: ‘Is this the time to try to move to a dome or go to a better climate as far as more consistent (conditions) at the end of the year?”
Rob Demovsky notes that the Packers paid out performance bonuses to the following players:
- RB Aaron Jones ($374,311)
- CB Chandon Sullivan ($366,973)
- WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling ($327,832)
- DT Tyler Lancaster ($313,438)
- WR Allen Lazard ($307,200)
- WR Jake Kumerow ($304,230)
- LB Blake Martinez ($255,283)
- RB Jamaal Williams ($250,379)
- G Elgton Jenkins ($200,903)
- LB Tim Williams ($1,198)
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN expects the Vikings to explore contract extensions for CB Trae Waynes, DE Everson Griffen, and DB Anthony Harris after gaining nearly $20 million in cap space when releasing DT Linval Joseph, CB Xavier Rhodes and TE David Morgan on Friday.
- As for Morgan, Chris Tomasson reports that the Vikings elected to release him prior to his contract tolling for 2020 due to fear he wouldn’t pass his physical, which would have forced Minnesota to pay his salary next season.
- Tomasson could see the Vikings re-sign Morgan if he is deemed healthy.
Chris Tomasson mentions that five Vikings players received performance bonuses for 2019:
- WR Olabisi Johnson ($288,197)
- T Brian O’Neill ($254,399)
- LB Eric Wilson ($236,131)
- C Pat Elflein ($232,388)
- FB C.J. Ham ($222,000)