The Buccaneers hold the No. 5 pick and are sitting ahead of the Giants (No. 6), Jaguars (No. 7), Dolphins (No. 13) and Redskins (No. 15).
Teams interested in one of the top quarterbacks such as Murray or Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins may have to get trade up ahead of the Giants at No. 6 to get their guy, which leaves the Buccaneers in good position to move back and add some additional draft picks in the process.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes that the Seahawks are likely to franchise DE Frank Clark in the coming weeks, which will cost them around $18 million fully guaranteed for the 2019 season.
- According to Condotta, the Seahawks will need to sign DT Jarran Reed to an extension at some point over the next year or so.
- Condotta mentions that Seattle could move on from Shamar Stephen, given that they have a replacement on their roster in Jamie Meder.
- Free agent DE Dion Jordan could also be allowed to move on this offseason, per Condotta.
- Potential free agent targets for the Seahawks, according to Condotta, may include DTs Bennie Logan, Earl Mitchell and Ricky Jean Francois along with DEs Bruce Irvin, Wes Horton and Benson Mayowa.