- Matt Barrows of The Athletic writes that 49ers WR Dante Pettis has shown a sense of “urgency” in practice and appears to have added some weight this offseason.
- Barrows lists the 49ers’ top-five “most vulnerable” positions right now as strong safety, receiver, guard, nickel cornerback, and center.
- Barrows compares 49ers’ first-round WR Brandon Aiyuk to former NFL WR Antonio Bryant, due to him being physical and good in traffic.
- As for 49ers WR Jauan Jennings making the team, Barrows believes WR Jalen Hurd’s injury increases the likelihood of him reading the active roster given Jennings’ similarities to Hurd.
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said of Haason Reddick playing outside linebacker for them: “I’m excited to see where that goes. … He’s embraced it and you’ve seen him out there flashing (making plays).” (Bob McManaman)
“I think he’s just continuing to grow,” said McVay, via ProFootballTalk. “[Offensive coordinator] Kevin O’Connell [has] done a phenomenal job with him. I think those two have a great rapport. Just every little thing, fundamentals, details, snap in and snap out. There’s so much that the quarterback position entails, above the neck, physically. I think those two being able to work together is going to be a huge benefit to Jared. I think he’s really receptive to him. I think [assistant quarterbacks coach] Liam Coen has also done a really nice job. I’ve been very pleased with Jared. I thought today he had his best day yet.”
McVay said Goff did well in Tuesday’s practice by responding against defenses and commanding the huddle.
“Made completions, took what the defense gave him, made good decisions consistently,” McVay said. “I thought we got in and out the huddle the right way. It was on track for doing things with the standards that we have set and I thought it started with his performance today.”