If the Dolphins are set on getting a first-round pick for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick in a potential trade, Maiocco doesn’t think it makes a lot of sense for the 49ers.
Maiocco adds that good safeties are typically available in the second and third rounds and he thinks San Francisco will want to keep their options open for which position to address with their first-round pick in 2020.
Maiocco also can’t see the 49ers trading a high draft pick for Chargers’ holdout RB Melvin Gordon and then signing him to the kind of extension he’s looking for.
- 49ers promoted RB Jeff Wilson to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- 49ers waived TE Kaden Smith.
Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys view Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick’s best position as free safety and believe he can also play slot corner.
Werder doubts the Cowboys would trade a first-round pick for Fitzpatrick, as this hasn’t been a position they value that highly.
- Cowboys promoted WR Cedrick Wilson to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys waived LB Chris Covington.
Giants OLBs coach Mike Dawson admitted that there’s a “sense of urgency to get to the quarterback” right now.
“The guys know the sense of urgency to get to the quarterback,” Dawson said, via the New York Post. “This is the ultimate, ‘I see better than I hear.’ It’s time to get there and stop talking about it and go get it done.”
- Vikings waived CB Mark Fields. (NFLTR)
- Vikings promoted LB Devante Downs to their active roster.
- Chris Tomasson reports that the Vikings made the decision to elevate Downs to their active roster because LB Ben Gedeon (groin) is expected to be out Sunday.
- According to Tomasson, if Fields clears waivers on Monday, the Vikings want to bring him back either on their 53-man roster or their practice squad.