“One of the best sights, the other day, I looked outside my office and he was throwing and throwing to Jerick McKinnon,” Lynch said in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said there are multiple options to replace Rich Scangarello as quarterbacks coach, some in house and others outside organization. Shanahan added that he isn’t in a rush to hire anyone and wants to ensure that their coaching staff fits well together. (Nick Wagoner)
- The 49ers had passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur working with the quarterbacks during Tuesday’s Senior Bowl practice. Matt Maiocco notes that LaFleur is a candidate to replace Rich Scangarello as 49ers’ QBs coach.
- Matt Barrows reports 49ers GM John Lynch and HC Kyle Shanahan spent a lot of time watching the edge rushers at the Senior Bowl.
- Tom Silverstein reports that the Packers will not be retaining TEs coach Brian Angelichio as first thought.
- Instead, the Packers are hiring
Falcons quality control/assistant OL coach Justin Outten to replace him.
- Silverstein also confirms that the Packers have officially hired Ravens national scout Milt Hendrickson, who will have a senior personnel department position in Green Bay.
Rams HC Sean McVay admitted that he didn’t do a good job of getting RB Todd Gurley involved in their offense last weekend.
“I for sure should have done a better job of getting Todd more involved,” McVay said, per Joe Curley. “He did a lot of good things. We didn’t get as many attempts as we would have liked.”