- Per Cam Inman of San Jose Mercury, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said LT Trent Williams had an MRI that showed no fracture or high ankle sprain. However, he’s in enough pain that he won’t practice and will be questionable throughout the week.
- Shanahan added it will still be a few more weeks before CB Richard Sherman (calf) can come back off injured reserve and the team is looking at a return closer to the bye week. (Nick Wagoner)
- 49ers DE Dee Ford is also looking like he’ll be sidelined a few more weeks with his back injury and Shanahan is hoping to get him back around the bye. (Wagoner)
- 49ers promoted LB Joe Walker to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- 49ers signed LB Jonas Griffith to their practice squad.
- 49ers signed TE Daniel Helm to their practice squad.
- The Athletic’s Joe Person writes the Panthers would likely listen to offers for underperforming veterans like LB Tahir Whitehead or DE Stephen Weatherly, though neither will likely draw much interest.
- The Panthers are hosting free-agent kickers Casey Bednarski, Taylor Bertolet, and Austin Parker for workouts this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Panthers placed K Joey Slye and OL Trent Scott on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Per ESPN’s Mike Triplett, Saints HC Sean Payton said the discipline for WR Michael Thomas is over after just one game. He declined to discuss it further: “Not interested in talking about how he responded. We’re getting ready for Carolina this week, we had a good bye week, and here we are.”
- Payton was cagey when discussing Thomas’ ankle injury as well. Thomas was reportedly slated to return from a high ankle sprain last week before being benched: “We’ll see. I think he’s feeling better. [But] we really don’t get into injuries or projections.”
- Saints S Marcus Williams terminated his relationship with agents Todd France and Tory Dandy. (Liz Mullen)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!