ESPN’s Chris Mortensen mentioned on Sunday “NFL Countdown” that most league insiders believe the 49ers will move on from QB Jimmy Garoppolo if there’s a better option available to them this offseason.
“Garoppolo’s injuries certainly complicate the picture. Kyle Shannahan, the coach said, he believes Garoppolo will be the quarterback in 2021, but he says he can’t say it with certainty. Most league insiders believe if there’s a better option, the 49ers will have somebody other than Garoppolo at the start of next season,” Mortensen said, via NinersNation.com.
- After Sunday’s game, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan told reporters that he would be “very surprised” if they don’t lose DC Robert Saleh: “I’ll be very surprised if we don’t lose him… I hope everyone is not very smart and doesn’t hire him.” (Nick Wagoner)
- Rams EDGE Leonard Floyd will $1.25 million in incentives after recording over 10 sacks for this season. (Adam Schefter)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said of S Jamal Adams‘ shoulder injury: “The early stuff from the trainers is that he’ll play next week but we’ll have to see how he how he does get through the week.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- According to Carroll, DT Jarran Reed has an oblique strain and is pretty sore right. They don’t know what it means for his status moving going forward. (John Boyle)
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson told reporters that they ran a pass play late in Sunday’s game for David Moore so he could earn a $100,000 bonus. (John Boyle)
- The Seattle Seahawks are hosting DB Jordan Miller for a visit this week. (Albert Breer)